Breaking News

Calf injury rules Lynn out of England ODIs and some time from Big bash League.


Lynn had scans on Saturday after picking up a calf injury in a KFC BBL match at the Gabba on Friday night and Cricket Australia has announced the 27-year-old will miss the ODIs against England this month.
CA said Lynn could be sidelined for up to a month, but the batsman is confident of being fit enough to return to action with the Brisbane Heat in the back-end of the Big Bash.


"He reported increasing discomfort over the 24 hours that followed and the Heat’s medical staff made the decision to send him for a scan.

"That scan confirmed the injury, which is expected to prevent him from playing for three to four weeks.

When Chris recovers

The expectation is that he will need to prove his fitness in match action before being considered again for international selection." The Heat have identified their clash with the Melbourne Renegades at the Gabba on January 27 as Lynn’s possible return date.


Chris lynn said
“It is annoying and I’m very disappointed to miss an opportunity with the ODI side, but I know it is

“I have been working very hard to get myself right, and the positive thing is that my shoulder is feeling very good.

“I’ll do the work again and I am confident I will give myself a shot at playing some good cricket again soon.”
minor in the scheme of things,”.

No comments